Kortec is a rapidly growing company. Founded in 1996, we provide the largest, fastest and most advanced turnkey co-injection solutions in the world today to the plastics industry.
What do you want from your work?
Are you looking for:
- An opportunity to make strategic or risk decisions which utilize your analytical, problem solving skills and know-how?
- Professional intellectual challenge and stimulation in your work?
- Recognition for the tangible results you obtain?
- Autonomy in expressing your ideas and putting them into action?
- Unique opportunities in a fast-paced company with a proprietary technology position?
Kortec is an Equal Opportunity Employer located approximately 30 minutes north of Boston in Rowley, Massachusetts, USA. We have immediate openings for talented professionals for a variety of challenging positions.
Klear Can Application Engineer
Kortec is a global supplier of plastic container machinery and technology for the packaging of beverages, foods and medical products. Kortec’s turnkey molding systems produce multi-layer rigid packaging that incorporate the latest barrier and scavenger materials to create extended-shelf-life containers. Our legacy of leading-edge technology has made us the industry’s leading co-injection systems supplier to the world. www.kortec.com
Kortec is a member of the Milacron Group of Companies. www.milacron.com
Kortec is in the early stages of introducing a novel plastic food can “Klear Can” to the food packaging industry. The job holder will be responsible to assist Kortec in bringing this new product to the market by providing expertise in area of commercial canning processes and techniques. He/she will be responsible for organizing and overseeing specialized and controlled testing on the Klear Can (locally and at customer’s facilities), analyzing data and articulating results (written and verbal) to enable projects to progress to determined goals. It is expected the role will require significant travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist Kortec R&D with controlled testing of developmental cans at our Rowley, MA facility
- Assist Kortec customers and partners with controlled testing of developmental cans at their facilities worldwide
- Following can testing trials, collect, analyze and assess results of trial and make appropriate recommendations for next steps
- Assist customers start-up their Klear Can filling, seaming and retorting operations
- Act as a resource to the Sales and Engineering teams: communicating trial results & making recommendations, customer feedback, industry trends, analyzing data, project management
- Additional duties and projects as required
- BS in an Engineering field required
- Minimum of 5 years of practical and hands-on experience with commercial canning procedures and practices:
- equipment & infrastructure at commercial canning plants
- double seaming
- standard testing methodologies
- knowledgeable in industry trends, requirements, protocol, etc.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to drive projects to conclusion yielding desired results
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations to drive projects forward
- Work safely and professionally in customer environment; communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to travel ~ 80%. Domestic and International travel required